Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Corrupt FMD be formatted ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgjc

Technical User
Sep 1, 2010
CA
I have CS1K Rls 5 with CP PIV cores. I have had to replace the 1 GB FMD flash card on the CP cards a couple of times. Does anyone know if these cards can be reformatted to be reusable again? I have tried reloading the software onto them to no avail.

that is a good question, but with the cost as low as it is on those, I would toss them.

Mato' Was'aka

Not worried about how much they cost but I don't beleive you can just take a blank one and load them. I think Nortel or Avaya have a certain format on them when they are sent. It's the time factor between one failing and obtaining a new one that will work.

From PDT1 or PDT2, issue the format command as follows: formatCf2
{0,1}.
where
0 = a nonbootable device
1 = a bootable device
You can format a compact flash on a PC (Microsoft Windows 98SE,
Microsoft Windows 2000, or Microsoft Windows XP) for use as a compact
flash in the RMD. You format the disk in FAT16 - DOS format.

Thank You for the info.

If you buy/have a USB compact flash reader I was able perform a fix by issuing chkdsk in DOS ...

Cool KCFLHRC as I didn't know you could do it in PDT :)

If you are lucky enough to still have a working camera that uses CF cards, then format it using that and it should be fine.

I repair most of my colleagues cards with it as it's simple and quick to do.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back