Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can color printer work in absence of color toners

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadoogar

Programmer
Oct 23, 2003
IN
I have an HP3600 Serries color printer, it stops working in absence of any color toner, is there a way to make it work as mono color when black cartridge is full.

Not sure about the specific model, but it seems to me like most of the newer color printers are now requiring you to keep ALL the cartridges full... or at least not empty. I've even heard of some circumstances, specifically HP, that I've heard of where the cartridge was just low, wouldn't print... the user replaced the cartridge, and back to printing..

Side note (but related):
I have historically been dead-set against "knock-off" inks for printers. However, recently, I thought I'd pick up some off-brand Epson inks for an Epson R260 I picked up last year. So far so good, though I'm only using one of the generics, so it's still hard to say... but it was MUCH MUCH cheaper than the brand-name stuff. If you go that route, just try to be as picky as possible, b/c there are plenty of bad ones out there..

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back