Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can CMS Reports be editited with any other software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amino

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2001
GB
Does anyone know if exported CMS reports can be edited with any other software?

I have tried to open the exported reports in Crystal Reports without success (error could not open report).

Thanks

Carl

If you have purchased the OpenLink ODBC drivers for your CMS then you can query the data using Crystal Reports.

Thanks dalley333

I specifically need to edit the reports while not connected to CMS, hence exporting the reports to file.

Does anyone know of a way of opening or editing the exported report from file?

Thanks

You can copy and paste a CentreVu report to Excel. You can also FTP a report out of CMS to a text file then open it in Excel or Access.

Thanks richgarcia87,

I'm looking to edit the actual report its self (queries & structure), rather that the report data.

Thanks

What version of CentreVu do you have? We have 'report designer' in CentreVu (version 12) that allows to build your own custom report. You cannot modify the canned reports that come with it, but you can make a copy of them and modify. You can do the same in CMS.

If you run the report in CMS, with the report window open you can choose the menu option edit then export all data or export table data... once done... you can use various tools to do what you need.

Thanks,

Wildcard

Thanks,

There is a need to modify Custom CMS reports whilst not connected to CMS.

The report itself (structure & queries), has been exported to a file, I would now like to edit this report whilst not connected to CMS, then upload it back to cms at a later date

Does any know if this is possible please?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back