Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Btrv 6.15 run on NW 5.X

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr667

Technical User
Mar 8, 2005
CA

Can v6.15 on on Netware 5.x or higher. If so are there
any known problems doing so.

Thanks

Btrieve 6.15 is very old. You should consider upgrading to the current version (available as a trial at That being said, I don't think 6.15 was ever tested or supported on NW5.x (or higher). NW still uses Btrieve internally so the version of Btrieve on a NW5.x server may actually be newer than 6.15.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician
Custom VB and Btrieve development.

Does anybody know what Verison of Btrieve NW5.x has on it?

If you have a NetWare 5.x server, type "modules btrieve" at the console. It'll give you information about the BTRIEVE.NLM including version.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician
Custom VB and Btrieve development.

While it is possible to run this older version of Btrieve on Netware 5.x, I would not recommend it. If this is an old ODS app, it should run fine with the newer versions of Pervasive. IF the app starts with a batch file that makes btrive calls, remark these out and let the database engine take over. I have ran into this similar situation a few times and was able to get around it by remarking out all referance to Btrieve. TO really help you out, I would need to knwo more as to what you are wanting to do.

Michael Sotomayor
Certified Pervasive Professional
Certified Pervasive Techincian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back