Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can BE9.1 write simultaneously to multiple drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarreM

MIS
Apr 2, 2003
AT
Hi,

We run 2 jobs that write to 2 separate DLT (35/70 and 40/80) drives each night. Is it possible for BE9.1 to run both jobs at the same time (i.e. write to both devices at once)?

thx
Mark

Yes, no problem. We have 3 jobs writing to 3 different tape drives all running at the same time.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

As long as you have a license copy of optional libary drive for each drive you'll be fine.

Hold on! This could Hurt! I ain't certified by Microsoft!

Thanks

thanks guys,

i am still setting up the server - will test it soon.
Muddyjohn - we have 1 server license and 1 "Library Expansion License" - will that do it?

Mark

If the drives are not in a library or autoloader, then you don't need the library expansion option.

I have known people to write to 12 drives at a time without issues.

thx Justin,

our friendly veritas salesman told us we needed the library expansion option for multiple drives (i guess he is on commission - grrr). i am still a little confused by the licensing - do i need some sort of additional server option/license to write to multiple drives?

Mark

HarreM

Just as long as the tape drives are not in a autoloader, then you don't need any other license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back