Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can anyone recommend a stats package

Status
Not open for further replies.

dognobbler

Programmer
Jul 4, 2003
GB
I am running Tomcat 4 on XP and was hoping someone could recommend a stats package that I can use to analyse the log files.

Thanks.

Andy

No I have used it on Linux with Tomcat ... but its configurable and will handle most httpd logfile formats (and others like maillogs).

Logfiles are logfiles in general so it’s just a case of setting up AWStats to source your logfile!!

There are others like Analog, Webalizer .... but AWStats is the most configurable and pretty too.

Its always best to pull off your log files to a dedicated machine to do log analysis if you can as the overhead of DNS lookups can cause a big hit on CPU (resource) .... that’s only if you have such luxury.

Good Luck,
Laurie.

I like The Webalizer! Not only because it's FREE, but because you get some great stats and even pretty graphs out of it. And did I mention it's FREE?
FREE is good!

(It's FREE ya know!)

Hi SamBones, yes I agree webalizer is prety good, but have you looked at the graphs on AWStats? I think they are far superior to the others.

All of the three I suggest are FREE (OpenSource).

Best is "Whatever you feel comfortable with".

Good Luck,
Laurie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back