Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can anyone recommend a good VBA for Excel ref book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtbyd

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2002
GB
Can anyone recommend a good VBA for Excel reference book?
coADavid

This question is a frequently asked one, so a "Keyword Search" in this forum would have returned some of these threads:
thread707-512010
thread707-402530
thread707-324177

Could I make a suggestion to the top guys in this forum:
Seeing as this is probably the most important and frequently asked question when someone starts using, or wants to learn, VBA could one of you experts who has a vast experience of good and bad reference books, websites, techniques for acquiring information (e.g. macro recorder) publish an FAQ on this topic . I would myself but I only have experience of one VBA book and have only been using VBA in the last 6 months, so I think it would be better coming from a more experienced VBA programmer.

Clive [infinity]
Ex nihilo, nihil fit (Out of nothing, nothing comes)

Personally I think everything that john Walkenbach writes is very easy to get on with, and caters for newbies through to advanced.

He has two books currently that I would happily recommend:-

The first being Excel Bible 2000 Gold Edition (I can only find it on Amazon in the UK, not the US though), which will cover pretty much everything you could ever want to know about Excel. It also comes with a CD with truckloads of examples. Don't confuse with the Non Gold Edition which is not so heavy on VBA. Also don't confuse with the Excel Bible 2002 edition that John didn't update, and as a result doesn't have the examples CD (Also this book as well is not too heavy on VBA)

The second being his 'Excel 2002 Power Programming with VBA', which despite the title does in fact cater for beginners through to Advanced. I think this one is great.

I find his style of writing very easy to get on with, and whilst we are all different, this just works for me.

Regards
Ken.................

Many thanks, most useful

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back