Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can anyone recommend a book? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

neillovell

Programmer
Aug 27, 2002
GB
Hi,
I'm moving on to (in my opinion) quite advanced Access use.

I'm using Access 2002 and am trying to do things like converting my form into a webpage, using VBA to create calenders, things like that.

I'm looking to get a book on using Access 2002, can anyone recommend one or two really good ones?

Check out the following threads

Thread181-164031
Thread181-141117
Thread181-130102

Most of the books mentioned will have an edition for 2002 as well.

HTH
Lightning

Thanks.

Amazon.co.uk have a combination offer on Paul Litwin's books, so I think those would be a good choice.

Neil,

Yeah, the Access [version number] developer's handbook is the best set of books I know on the topic. The new ones are huge, and I don't have them yet, but these guys know their stuff and know how to write about it.

Jeremy =============
Jeremy Wallace
Designing, Developing, and Deploying Access databases since 1995.

I agree with JeremyNYC, the "Access 2000 [2002] Developer's Handbook" is the best resource I've come across. I have both volume 1 (Desktop Edition) and volume 2 (Enterprise Edition). Very indepth, with alot of examples.

I began programming in Access with version 1.1. And I could never find a book that got beyond the basics, until this one. Highly recommend it.

Title: Access 2002 Desktop Developer's Handbook
Authors: Paul Litwin, Ken Getz, Mike Gunderloy
Publisher: Sybex

You might like to look at Amazon.com (US) 'cos they have the same offer (Vols 1 & 2 combined) of the Developer's Handbook for USD69.99 + postage and packing.

The Amazon.co.uk site is offering at GBP76.48 + P+P.

Save yourself a packet!

And what about shipping to the uk?

I asked amazon.co.uk about ordering items through them from their US site and they said they are to be treated as two separate companies.

and USD69.99 is more than UK£76.48, so there is no saving! (it's about UK£100)

Neil,

I've just ordered the two volumes from Amazon US at USD77.97 including p+p. At today's exchange rate of USD1.55 to the pound, that works out at GBP50.30 or thereabouts. OK, delivery is expected between 30th October and 4th November, but for this amount of saving, I'm willing to wait.

I think that they are pulling your leg.

Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back