Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can anyone help me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorhommmer

Technical User
Sep 20, 2011
Designed Designed Drupal website. Have it running on local server design server (localhost) all is perfect, Xampp on Ubuntu.

Have taken out hosting, have copied database up to host, have copied drupal subdirectory but now I am stuck. I am using AnHosting.com.

When I type my domain name, host uses index.html which serves the page "web site on the way".

Now I want to boot into drupal. I have looked extensively on transferring Drupal from local to live, but these are all done from the stage where you have a live already running, not from the live startup.From the digging I have done it may have something to do with .htacess which I copied up onto server and also copied drupals index.php up onto host server.

But still no joy. Is there any kind soul out there who can steer me in the right direction.

This appears to relate in some way

have your host point to the subfolder as root
Posted by avolve on May 17, 2007 at 5:33am
I do the same as you are wanting with many sites. It has benefits far beyond what you get through your solution... and does not require modifying .htaccess files

I use dreamhost (i am sure many other hosts have similar options) and specify example.com/drupal as the web directory for the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back