Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can anyone help me with this unusua

Status
Not open for further replies.

torturedmind

Programmer
Jan 31, 2002
PH
can anyone help me with this unusual IE6 behaviour? before, i can view web pages without problems. but recently, after allowing a co-employee to use my pc for browsing, some web pages that i can normally view before now suddenly become blank whenever the mouse pointer is placed anywhere on the page. i asked my co-employee what she did and she said she just browsed the web as usual. i know she did something, i just dont what. any ideas as why is this so?

torturedmind [trooper]

Do you have a virus scanning software? If not download one at Make sure it is updated. Also download Spybot-Search and Destroy at and Ad-Aware at (look for the free version). Both of the last two find spyware(programs that track your computer usage and report to someone). Some web sites can download them without your knowledge or hide them in files. That maybe your problem.

thnx jeff! am gonna try ur suggestions n see what happens...

torturedmind [trooper]

If you have a firewall running make sure it is not set to "stealth mode browse".

Also run system file check by typing in SFC.exe in the run menu. Good Luck,

Rik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back