Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can any Aloha dealer do upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosemarysBaby

Technical User
Apr 24, 2006
US
Here's my problem. I am in an area where it takes the Aloha dealer forever to get an answer to anything.
Can't believe they are, or at least were, one of the largest dealers in the country.
I am still on 6.4. I want the latest and greatest version upgrade. I want caller ID take out module. EMV solution would be nice and some type of pay at the table solution would be nice. Willing to wait for that if the technology is not there yet but definitely the first 2 items.
You would think I'm asking the cure for cancer from this dealer.
So the question is: Is end user limited to the dealer via store location? Or can any dealer service any end user with software upgrades?

All dealers are territory based. This keeps competition between dealers low and prices high.
Unless you are a large multi location site, they have very little interest in you

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

You should talk to your dealer about responding and if they don't work with you ask them for a referral to another dealer or direct. Also, there are third-party solutions for takeout ordering and EMV but you will most likely have to get on a current version first.

Tampa Bay area. Just heard back today from dealer after over a month of calls. They said 4,500 for software upgrade and caller ID carry out module or whatever it is. They are coming on site this Monday to evaluate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back