Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can an 1140's lights flash when the line is a SCN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1norteltech

Programmer
Dec 19, 2007
US
We're putting 1140's in our new OR rooms and they want the phones to flash but not ring. is that possible? CS1000M RLS 6.

To make the lights flash it has to be SCR, You could make them SCR and turn the ringer volume all the way down but even all the way down there is still some noise out of the speaker. How about using the Auto Answer key to automatically turn on the speakerphone on an incoming call? Just a thought.

Does anyone know of a flasher that can be added to the 1140 phones or does it still have to be SCR?

Not sure how many phones you are talking about but you could program an analog port with the same DN and put a strobe on the analog port and make the keys scn. I doubt you will find an external strobe that will work with an IP phone. The other option would be to pull out the IP phone and make it an analog phone with speakerphone and put a strobe on it.

I didn't see anything for 1140's, so I'm going with the phone has to ring.

If you set 1140's for SCN the icon beside the line will flash the phone icon without sound. Is that what you were looking for?

I was looking for the lights on the top of the phone to flash for an SCN line, but they do not. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back