Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Access 2003 and Access 2000 be loaded on the same machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnard89

MIS
Mar 6, 2005
US
I have Access 2003 loaded on my machine
I have an application on a different machine which is
in Access 2000

I have to compulsorily load that application in Access 2000 only as many of the components inside that application are not recognized by Access 2003

I need to view that Access application on my current machine
As I already have 2003 version on my system, can I also install Microsoft Access 2000 on the same machine?

Would I have any hardware/ software problems?
Please suggest

Here's a perhaps still pertinent memo I wrote to myself about Access 2000 and Access 97.

If you ever install Access 97/Office 97 onto a machine that also has Office 2000 on it, be sure to install Access 97/Office to a different directory than Office 2000. So for example perhaps DO NOT take the default directory of C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office to install things into but instead perhaps change it to something else like C:\Microsoft Office or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 97.

And if you use Word mail merge from the database, perhaps install Word 97 too - this is especially true if many users are sharing the same frontend so that one user that would have otherwise been without Word 97 doesn't use the database and have the database change the Tools | References to use a later object model of Word than Word 97.

J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back