Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a search be done wint SMS by PC serial number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr112701

Technical User
Jan 14, 2006
US
I was wondering if there is a way to do a search on SMS but by the Serial Number from the PC. I know you can do by IP address and/or hostname, but I need to know if I can do a search by serial number.

This will list all of the serial numbers in your db:

SELECT SYS.Netbios_Name0, SYS.User_Name0, SYS.Resource_Domain_OR_Workgr0, CSYS.Model0, BIOS.SerialNumber0, BIOS.SMBIOSBIOSVersion0 as 'SMBIOS' FROM v_R_System SYS LEFT JOIN v_GS_X86_PC_MEMORY MEM on SYS.ResourceID = MEM.ResourceID LEFT JOIN v_GS_COMPUTER_SYSTEM CSYS on SYS.ResourceID = CSYS.ResourceID LEFT JOIN v_GS_PROCESSOR Processor on Processor.ResourceID = SYS.ResourceID LEFT JOIN v_GS_PC_BIOS BIOS on BIOS.ResourceID=SYS.ResourceID LEFT join v_FullCollectionMembership fcm on fcm.ResourceID=SYS.ResourceID ORDER BY SYS.Netbios_Name0, SYS.Resource_Domain_OR_Workgr0

Hey thank you very much for your help, I will give it a try tomorrow.

tbrennans, what you just gave me, is this a collection statement?

you could make a collection via query, or just use it as a query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back