Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a Reach line card support multiple 9150s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2005
US
Hi All,

I am considering putting in a few Remote Office 9150 units and would like to have one 32 port Reach Line card support three separate 9150 units in three different offices.

Is this possible? And if so, could all 32 lines be in use at the same time or can only 8 lines be active on one Reach card at any one time?

I'm going to pour through the manual, so I'll put the answer here eventually - but it's almost 2 inches thick and thought someone here might know. I'd like to order the stuff soon so I can test.

Thanks!

Alex

sorry but very few of us use the 9150, i've installed a couple but perfer ip remote cab for almost the same app. the 9150 works, just a few to many limits (analog interace etc)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have one 9150 set up , It works well. I don't think that you can split up the reach card.

RLC card can be split in 20 different destinations.
Those destinations may be 9110, 9115 or 9150.
The 16 (Single RLC) or 32 (Double RLC) ports must be splitted between the different destination : You may have one 9150 with 24 ports, a second one with 6 ports, a third one with 2 ports.
You may also add up to 7 ATAs.
That RLC board may also be splitted with remote site and local extensions.
There also the IDVR feature avaliable for it. It provides recording feature for digitals extensions.

I have a dozen a sites configured and working with more than one site.

Don't forget than Remote office is compatible with Meridian Rls 18.
For remote IP cabinet you may need at least rls 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back