Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a Publisher multi-page Newsletter be posted on Web?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggeo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
US
We have a monthly Newsletter (est. 20 pages) that we would like to publish in our Web Site.
We originally used a hard copy, scanned it and saved it on PDF to be viewed with Acrobat Reader.
Of course, it takes forever to download the document to the Reader.
Is it possible to save the Newsletter, created with Publisher as a htm or html format and then include all the pages on the Web Site?
I am concern about how to bring all the pages together like the Acrobat Reader does.
Any help, any previous experience? "Why is the third hand on a watch called the second hand?"

Probably not in the sense you're thinking. You can Save As Web Page, but Publisher just makes an image of the page, it doesn't convert all the text etc, to html.

During my research, I found that a Publisher's newsletter may be converted to PDF and publish the PDF file on a webpage. It seems the only way, but I had problems with the process, since once you have a Publisher's newsletter, you need to use File, Print, then select a PDF printer. In my case, I only have PDFWriter and it doesn't work.
A friend used the same method, but with a different PDF printer and it worked.
Any knowledge about the problem and solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back