Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a Partner ACS 7.0 E-mail notifications of Voicemail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWComputingMVP

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2005
US
Either using third party software (can anyone suggest some) or a built in or Avaya accessory, is it possible to configure something to notify a person via e-mail (text message) that a message is waiting for them in their mailbox?

There are some options with Partner Messaging. What model Voice Mail do you have?

Yes, you need an exchange server also, or another simple mail server program.

-Chris

Do I need the Partner Messaging Release 1.0 IN ADDITION to the 2x16 PCCARD, or could I conceivably trade in the 2x16 card and get a Partner Messaging system for less?

(Thanks for your assistance. Would be using a generic SMTP server).

The messaging modules require a license card to function as well. You license the number of ports you want (2,4,6). So you need two pieces unless it's sold as a package. Your old PVM Large card is not required, you can not use them both at the same time. You will need to reprogram the voicemail ports as well (don't forget!).
You will love the admin GUI.

-Chris

Hi telecomtekperson,
You know, you may be right there. I installed only one R1, R6 came very quickly after. In either case, the R6 would be the safer bet.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back