Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a new Customer Address Type be created in ES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAKNIGHT71

IS-IT--Management
Sep 25, 2003
US
To help differentiate EDI versus standard Delivery and Invoice addresses, our team wishes to add two new Address Types (EIV and EDC). How can this be done? I tried going in through SQL and manually adding the new types, but they didn't display when creating a new Address for a customer.

First and foremost are you talking about Progression or ES? Version number would be helpful as well.

I'm having a hard time understanding what it is you are trying to do and why....where exactly are you trying to differentiate the address types?

You indicated you went in through SQL and added some values...what table(s) did you add values?

Jen

Sorry MAKNIGHT71...should read the subject.

However...some of my questions still stand. What version of ES are you running? And where exactly are you trying to utilize the new address types (besides the Addresses tab on the customer record)? And what table(s) did you edit in your attempt to create the types?

Jen

I beleive you can only add address type "DEL", the system creates 1 invoice, 1 postal and 1 visit, any other is a Delivery (DEL). Delivery addresses can also be considered contact addresses. Every Delivery address requires a contact.

NEmacGuy is correct....Macola ES only recognizes the 4 types out of the box...and only allows you to create additional DEL addresses.

However, if you can tell us what you are trying to do and where you are trying to use these new address types, we might be able to point you to a different solution?

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back