Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a muti-page report be exported to Excel workbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantwellt1

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
US
Access 2000:

If I export a muti-page report to an Excel workbook can I force the pages go to independent worksheets in the workbook? If not, is there a way to do this? I have 6 reports that I need to end up a 6 worksheets in a workbook. If I were to put them into a report with 6 sub reports, will the subreports show up as worksheets if I set page breaks?

I know this is odd, but I am hoping that someone will have run into a similar situation.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Yes, I have done this. The excerpt from the Transferspreadsheet Action below explains the requirments.

Microsoft Access creates a new spreadsheet when you export data from Microsoft Access. If the file name is the same as the name of an existing spreadsheet, Microsoft Access replaces the existing spreadsheet, unless you're exporting to a Microsoft Excel version 5.0, 7.0, 8.0 or Excel 2000 workbook. In that case, Microsoft Access copies the exported data to the next available new worksheet in the workbook.

The worksheet tab is the exported file name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back