Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a form be converted to a HTML page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

specktur

Programmer
Jun 17, 2005
US
Hello all,

Backround info:
My company uses a paper form to request a new part to be loaded into our inventory. I made a database and translated that paper form into an electronic form that accomplishes the same thing. I input the required data, click and information is emailed to the correct person. My supervisor asked if I could make that available to the sales employees.
So my question is:
Is there a way to translate/convert that form to a HTML page that can be used by anyone on our intranet. Not all of our users have Access on their PCs. I need it to be useable by all users.

Thanks in advance.
Sean

Have you tried a Data Access Page (DAP) ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I tried briefly and it didn't seem to be the solution to my problem. I'm not saying that it isn't the solution, maybe I didn't use it properly. I tried to save my form as a DAP and it wouldn't hold any information - it kept telling me that it was read-only. Then when I started a new DAP from scrap all it does is display information - Like a report in HTML format. Again I may have not used this function properly. Thanks for the quick reply!

Build your form in DAP. To make it editable, you must include the primary key. So if your form is based on a query, make sure the query is editable (has the primary key). If you want two web pages to transfer data between each other, you will write cookies and use either VBScript or Javascript.

Spectur,

I am not answering your question but can i ask you how do you send an email when you input the inventory data.

Well, I tried using DAP though it is good and straight forward, i feel it is good only for a form that has few fields in them.

Thank you

Dwight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back