Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a DL380 G5 issue a new certificate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all,

I've been using HP's SIM to manage several of my servers and this morning I received the following error when I tried to connect to one of them:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.2.58.

You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email correspondent and give them the following information:

Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number.

(Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial)

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have no experience with any kind of certificate work and I was wondering--is there was a way to get my server to create a new certificate? I tried adding an exception to Firefox but I get the same type of error. My budget has no money for buying anything, and since it's all in-house I was hoping for an easy fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back