Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a cluster be restored elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factor42

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2003
GB
Hi there,

I have a scenario whereby a single cluster server (all-in-one-box-thing) running Win2k Server, Exchange 2k Enterprise and a few file/print tasks, needs to be restored to another server in the event of a disaster. Is this possible with Veritas Backup Exec?
Essentially, the second server is not a cluster. Its a normal Win2k server and it is at another site which has no connection to the original server at all.
I have had no experience restoring a cluster backup of, say, exchange 2k, to a normal exchange 2k server before. Hell, im not even sure it would work!
Other than this, if this is not at all possible, is it necessary to have the second backup server connected via a WAN to the original cluster like, say, a BDC? Perhaps, then, having Exchange 2000 on that one too would make it easier to restore mailboxes to it?
I'm lost, frankly and could do with a bit of advice.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back