Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a calendar subfolder be copied to the primary (core) calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcc

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2005
US
If it can be, I would then delete the sub folder. That is what I am after.

We are using a calendar sharing program. It is third party software (NOT Microsoft Exchange). The core calendar is the calendar of a particular user as opposed to various calendar sub folders. A particular user's calendar got "corrupted" and had about 14,000 duplicate entries (out of 15,000). I tried to de-dupe the calendar using the vendor's software. It was unsuccessful on that user's PC (we got something like "Microsoft: "unspecified error" or something helpful like that). However, on another user's machine who uses the shared calendar, the sub folder with the 14,000 duplicated entries was successfully de-duped. I was able to save (i.e. export) this de-duped version as a .pst file.

On the original user's machine (where I couldn't de-dupe anything) I was able to delete his calendar and then create a calendar empty of entries. However, when I imported the .pst file from the other PC it (perhaps not surprisingly now that I tried it) became a SUB FOLDER on this user's PC.

What I would like to do is to move those calendar entries from the sub folder to the primary (core) folder on the original user's PC. Is there any way to do this?

The users in question have their calendar sharing capability currently offline and the server has been configured to not share (with the other 8 users) the "corrupted" calendar with the 15,000 entries.

The "support" for the software vendor has not be that helpful so far. But my question now seems to be one that perhaps can be considered to be a general Outlook question. We are using Outlook 2003 (except one user is using Outlook 2000).

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back