Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a 2250 Console monitor a Mailbox? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlhtech

Technical User
Oct 31, 2003
CA
I have an opt 61c rel 25.3 with a 2250 console. I would like to have the console monitor a mailbox for messages. I tried XMWK but the system would not allow. I want an auto-attendant to have an option to leave a messages for after hours which the attendant could check each morning. Any suggestions?

M2250 doesn't support message waiting. You could install a set at the reception desk and have the message waiting light that phone.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Console's cannot have a message lamp. Just add the light to the side phone.

I would not deploy a console without a side phone anyways, since the console cannot easily navigate a mailbox due to its inherent functionally when pressing digits (it thinks you want to transfer every time you press a digit)

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | CS1000 Programming and Feature Guides | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back