Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can 2616 phones rollover from revert DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegnat

MIS
Apr 15, 2002
US
I have a 2616 phone and when the first line is busy and you press 0 from the menu to get to her phone it says "That line is busy" and go's through the menu options again. We have a 61c and Meridian Mail. We need people to be able to press 0 from the menu and make t rollover to her second line then if thats busy to two other ext's. I have check the LHK and set it above her second line. We have two attendant consoles that can rollover. Is that something only attendant consoles can do?

Your on the right track. I'm a little confused though do you have one rollover or 3 or if both lines are busy you want the call to ring another phone?

1 rollover

CLS=HTA,FNA
FDN=Voice Mail Ext
Hunt=Voice Mail Ext
LHK=1
Key 0 scr 1110
key 1 scr 2110

3 rollover
CLS=HTA,FNA
FDN=Voice Mail Ext
Hunt=Voice Mail Ext
LHK=3
Key 0 scr 1110
key 1 scr 2110 or MCR 2110
key 2 scr 3110 or MCR 2110
key 3 scr 4110 or MCR 2110

does this help?

The phone has a rollover line on key 01. When you call her first ext. it will rollover. But when you press 0 from a menu to get to the revert DN which is the same ext. it does not rollover. I have set HTA, FNA and LHK all correctly. So it works when you dial the ext. but not from the menu. All our menu's are setup in Meridian Mail.

I don't have a set to try this on but I think what is happening is voice mail is calling the extion on a transfer but the phone has a hunt set to voice mail. The transfer will not hunt. You could prove this by changing hunt to 000 and try it again.

If this is an admin assistance position that takes revert DN calls you could add more rollover keys to prevent busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back