Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can 123r5 & Mellenium get along

Status
Not open for further replies.

captjlddavis

Programmer
May 29, 2002
US
I have read most of the posts and found them to be informative and usefull.
I agree that "SNAP" if by far better than so called script.

I have 123r5 (ver 5.0.0.544) installed on my machine and have several questions but do not know what "TOPIC" to post to the forums that wud not result in confusion and lengthy un-connected replies:

A couple questions follow (if you could suggest a method of posting that would not result in confusion, I would appreciate it very much)

1. Can 123r5 and 123 Smatesuite Mellenium co-exist on the same machine?

2. If I install Mellenium 123 and later un-install thru Remove Programs will it take any common files with it that will render 123r5 useless ?

3. What versions of .xls files will Smartsuite 123 open and can they be saved to 123r5 files? (That is the main problem I have with 123r5, it will not open newer xls files )

4. Are there any traps or pitfalls that I need to be aware of.

Thanks to all that heve replied to my posts, keep up the good work.

Regards captjlddavis

For the benefit of others who might also be interested in the message I posted for "Capt. Jim" in thread69-295236, here's the message...

Capt. Jim, Sir,

I've been terribly busy lately, so probably missed the posting you referred to.

I can confirm that I've had the following versions of Lotus 123 on my PC at the SAME time, and never encountered any problems.

version 3.4
version 5.0
version Smartsuite '97

I therefore would not expect you to have any problems. However, I didn't keep Smartsuite '97 on my PC for very long, as I was NOT pleased AT ALL with the "backwards" direction of the "new" product.

A good practice (for all software) is to keep your data in SEPARATE folders - i.e. NOT as sub-folders under the software. Then, if and when you remove the software, you don't have to worry about removing your data at the same time.

I hope this helps.

Regards, ...Dale Watson

HOME: nd.watson@shaw.ca
WORK: dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back