Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can´t run an Activex Control over my intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMotion

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
BR
Hello people!
I created an intranet at my company by using a W2K Server and some W98 workstations. A Domain called SINPROSERVER was created too.
Using VB6 I created an OCX Control intending to use it like a Customer Registration App that would be accessed by all computers over my intranet.
Using FrontPage 2000 + Interdev I created the Web solution for my intranet and inserted the activex control I´ve created in one of the solution´s html pages.
Here is the problem:
When I type the URL of the page with the control at the development machine (that is my server)I can see the control running perfectly, but when I do the same at any client machine I can´t see the control.
Thinking that it would be a registration issue, I created a setup program to install the control over the client machines, but I still can´t see it working.

I had a similar issue not be able to access my activex over the intranet on other pcs. After I installed the visual studio on the server, the problem went away.

I found an ocx file and I register it on my pc, so I include the ocx in an html page and I put it on my server but it works locally ,so the problem that it works on my pc ,but if some one need to view this page he cant see the ocx even with low browser security
So how can I make .cab file without having the .vbp file “because I know how to create a cab file if I have the vbp file for it using the package deployment wizard” please help me.
Thank u all

[K2KHelper10.dll]
file-win32-x86=thiscab
RegisterServer=yes
clsid={06CE1E8C-5A5E-405D-9CD1-4204B4DCB2AC}
DestDir=
FileVersion=1,3,0,164

The DestDir= here might be the problem, you are trying to install it in the occache dir which i dont think is allowed for this component. Try using DestDir=11 here instead (it will be put in the %SYSTEM% directory).

cbermar

Hi,
I have a related problem and would appreciate any help. I have created an ocx using Visual Basic n packaged using P & D wizard. It is working fine. But if I add a reference to Microsoft Scripting Runtime (I need it to use FSO), it does not load in the client machine. Is there a problem with using FSO in our ActiveX controls?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sunny.

Hi I have a problem with treeview control..
I am using DEsign time Treeview control and javascript to create tree view nodes.
I am using one property document.FORM1.Treeview1.Nodes.add
It works fine on my developement server but when I access it through other client browser it gives me an error
like "Object doesnt support this property or method
"document.FORM1.Treeview1.Nodes"
Can anyone help me out....
I will appreciate your effort and help..
Thanks

Same problem here. The log file says "class not registered".
Maybe it needs the vb runtime?

I'm working on it now... we'll see :)

Chris

I was wondering if you could answer a question for
me...

I have created a simple site that queries a DB with
dates as some of the parameters. I have included the
msft activex calendar control
(classid=clsid:8E27C92B-1264-101C-8A2F-040224009C02).
When I browse from some clients, the calendars show up
and everything is fine. However, sometimes the
calendars do NOT show up. This is bad.

Is this a security issue? Do the client machines need
an updated driver or dll file?

HELP!!! I'm supposed to golive with this thing next week!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

dutch9@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back