Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can´t Browse the NDS with Arvserve Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keebler

MIS
Feb 22, 2001
DE
Hi Everyone,

-We are using Arcserve 6.6 on Novell 5.1 Servers.
-Clients are WINNT 4.0
-Novell Client is 4.80
-We are routing IP over the WAN and IPX locally

With numerous clients, we are unable to Browse the NDS Tree when trying to verify if certain users are super Que users. We have already reinstalled the Novell Client like CA reccomends-- With no luck:-((

Any Ideas??
KEEBLER

Have you got the latest SP for NetWare, NT Workstation and Arcserve installed? Also, try Novell Client 4.81 as 4.8 was the biggest load of cr*p Novell have released in a long while (even with the SP on it!) -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Hi,
First, thanks for the tip! However it didn´t work. I uninstalled the 4.8 client and installed 4.81, and we still have the same problem. We are starting to believe this has something to do with the fact that we do not route IPX in the WAN. I also heard that it could be a problem, that we possibly have newer bilds on the server, and the arcserve manager .exe is old ?#! If any one has any other ideas they are sure welcome

KEEBLER

Hmmm, I ignored the bit about IPX routing locally because I am used to Arcserve 7 which I think would work under your circumstances (if it ever did work??).

It all depends on how Arcserve is trying to authenticate to your offsite servers. If it is via IPX, that is the issue. It should try an IP connection though??

I trust your NDS sync's and your servers communicate over IP?? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back