Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Campus Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentel

Vendor
Apr 1, 2004
US
A school I'm working on has a MICS 6.1 with two remote 0x16 modules utilizing MCKs remote extenders over muntimode fiber. The system keeps losing connection with two of the modules. The biggest problem other than losing connection is that it will not regain connection until both the 0x16 and the extenders power is recycled. Fiber tested good. Replaced 6 port expansion and one 0x16 mod.

Sola Scriptura

If the fiber, exp card and SM are good ...that leaves the problem at MCK

I would test that by putting a local SM and let it work for a while - then the blame is on the fiber/MCK

Do both MCK units have UPS's ? I had a customer with the same setup and that problem always was a power issue. Get the big, heavy UPS's for the power conditioning aspect of it.

JohnjDefongi is right. Start with a UPS on everything. The problem is a known glitch with the extenders.

NARSBARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back