Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Camera video not playing properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmeljacques

Technical User
Dec 18, 2006
US
I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 digital camera which, in addition to still photos, can record short video clips. According to the user manual the videos can be played on my Mac by using QuickTime. I am able to transfer the file from my camera to the Mac and open it with QuickTime but it does not play smoothly. It starts, then stops at some frame while the progress bar shows that the video is playing (also the voice portion continues, albeit with interruptions). If I pause the video and click on various positions on the progress bar, I am able to get to frames further along in the sequence. I have tried to open the video using Real Player and get the same outcome. I am able to play the video on the camera's display and, using the cables supplied by the manufacturer, on my TV. Any suggestions?

You did not say what format the camera records the video in. You may be able to bring it into imovie depending on format. The formata are DV DV Widescreen HDV 1080i (25 and 30 fps) HDV 720p (25 and 30 fps) MPEG 4 Simple Profile

Try creating a new project in imovie, selecting mpeg4 as the format and import the video. At worst, it will not work.

You can also upgrade the quicktime player on your machine, to quicktime pro for 3o bucks. This is a superb app that takes a bit of learning because its so simple compared to other video apps. You can google Quictime import formats or go to Apple's site and search for quictime import formats as well as quictime export formats.

If you wnat to make Flash movies, google "flix". They have several converters starting at $39 that convert most formats.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4 & G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back