Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calltype analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
I'm trying to use calltype analysis instead of the enhanced dialing rules in the 46xx.settings file. Aside from that reason, I'm doing this because I'm looking to expand my dial plan in the near future. As a first step I plan to change the dial plan analysis from 4 digit extensions to 7 digit extensions... use display parameters to cosmetically keep the phone displaying the 4 digit extensions and allow the extensions to still call one another 4 digits (or if they want the new 7 digit)by using the calltype analysis table to manipulate. In putting an entry in there it breaks the enhanced dialing rules the call log uses. I understand you can use calltype analysis to also treat this as well. I just don't have any examples of how the entries should look. I'm in the US and we use 9 for an outside line.. 1 for the LD and 011 for INT'l.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back