Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls will not go to VoiceMail with RCFed number

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricaneguy

Technical User
Apr 25, 2006
US
We have two Option 11 systems and one Call Pilot that both share.

In one building, not the one with callpilot, we have a tenant with two numbers RCFed from thier old location to two of our DIDs. If they do not answer it goes to voice mail but the number recieved by Call Pilot is not the DID number but the original number that is RCFed.

Here is an example
Calling 407-777-1234
remote call forwarded to our DID
407-555-4321
Rings four times and goes to VM. recording says
"407-777-1234 does not have a voice mail box."
It should go to box 4321 but it does not. I tried to add the whole number 407-555-4321 as an extansion DN in call pilot but that did not work.

Some how the originally dialed number is saved through the RCF. We have a couple of other tenants who have RCFed numbers and these seem to work.

Any Ideas?

I can equate this to MerMail - and I think you can duplicate it in CP.

In mailbox 4321, add another DN to "cover" - the DN being 4077771234

~

407-777-1234 add that as a dn.. because your set is rcfw the new call gets to mail without the original dialed dn.. i had the same thing from a site with out d's between them.. the cp saw the fna from the remote dn.. added that and it perked

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have tried that. 407-777-1234 is added in CP as an extension DN but the recording still comes up and says "407-777-1234 does not subscribe to theis service". I mistated that in the original post

As a matter of fact I have included the orginal dialed number, the full 10 digit DID number and the extension and it allways tells me that they dont subscibe to thisservice.

Interesting....the number that "does not subribe" is spoken exactly like the digits you added as an extension in the mailbox.

You just passed my pay grade... :)

I hope you will let us know what solution does work.

~

I am having the same issues with a Remote Call forward number, the voice mail does not see it. Has anyone come up with where the number needs to be entered to accept it.

Thanks

I forwarded a Centrex line to a DID on an Opt. 11C with the same results, even putting the number in as an extension. Finally, I created an application that transferred the number to the phone extension, and forwarded the Centrex line to the CallPilot DID instead. Call original line, it goes immediately to CallPilot, which transfers it to the extension (no recording or extra rings), and when it FDNs back to CallPilot, it goes normally to voicemail.

That works. Not really sure why, since I tried the same thing at another site and it didn't work. Maybe configuration on the route, I haven't had much chance to look at it. However, I would like to get the clean resolution as well..

Well, after much deliberation on the issue, I had lots of local imput and good advise from this site.

I decided to have the carrier that RCF'd the number strip the caller ID and the calls are going through now.

Guess it was as simple as that.
Hope this will work for others.

Call Pilot 4 is what I am working with on a Option 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back