Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls Transfer to Extension with Forward on

Status
Not open for further replies.

1QuickQuestion

Technical User
May 25, 2012
US
Hello I believe our system is IP500 V2 6.1.

When an extension has the forward unconditionally on and set to their cell phone (91 before the areacode and phone number) if we transfer a phone call to their extension, the call never gets transfered. (Just did some tests)

Here's an UPDATE with more clues:
Their office phones are unplugged! IP Office Manager shows the forward but when transferring to the extension, the transfer is not successful. Is this because the phone does the actual transfer complete and then forward complete?

Hey,

The system handles the call forward, not the phone so it doesn't matter that it's unplugged.

My initial thought is why is the forward number 91 + telephone number?

I would do some quick checks and tests, like is forward internal on? Does it forward when set to an internal number, or landline number?

Oh, and there is a tick box under System|Telephony for Inhibit off-Switch Transfer. If that's ticked you can't forward to an external number.

I just tried again transferring and everything seems to be working fine. I think the user needs to hear the phone ring twice and then hang up the phone to send the transfer to the forwarded number. The user mentioned that once he hears the phone ring once, he hangs up and I think by waiting the extra ring or even talking to the person receiving the transfer would work.

This thread can will be marked complete or deleted

threads here never delete or are marked as completed.

You must be thinking of some other site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back