Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls through ACD go to wrong voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohsdgeek

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2003
US
We have switched our main number from xxx-5800 to xxx-5000. To minimize confusion, I set up an ACD so that calls to the old number (5800) are forwarded to 5000. (very basic) Everything works fine except when calls are transferred from 5000 to another number and there is no answer, it goes back to the voicemail for 5000, not the extension the call was transferred to. This only happens when the 5800 number is called. The ACD resides on our Option 61C and forwards to the receptionist who is on a satellite Option 11. Meridian Mail is co-located with the 61C.
Can I fix this or is it better to just cut out the old number all together and live with less confusion?

You might want to make an easier change. LD 49 allows you to creat/change incoming digits. You can set the incoming digits for that route with an IDC table to take your old 5800 and convert it to the new 5000. A call coming in as 5800 will then act as though 5000 was dialed from the outside. You can even name the IDC entry 5800 to show something like Old Ext 5800.

then calls transfered to the remote switch if fna to vm will go to 5000, as that was the original dialed number. but your right idc tables are better for other reasons also. the mail look for the cradle to grave call number, and sees the original dialed number, it will never see 5800 if you idc it to 5000, after you put it in a talbe be sure to assign it to the rdb in 16, idc=yes dnc0=(x)idc table number, ndno=(x)idc table number..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If that doesn't fix it you may have to change
CLS on the sets to SFA secondary forward allow
this might be the feature that is not allowing
the second forward. Idc might fix because it may
not count a 1 forward like I think a ACD DN would
count because you are using Night forward..

switch don't care, sfa does almost the oppsite. it will find the orig dialed dn.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you all for your help. Would I modify the route to the remote switch or the master route for my T-1?

your inbound route could be translated in ld 49 acd, but that sends the call to the idc ouput dn, bypassing the acd. when the call moves past the station have it go to a menu service, to leave a message press 1, make opt 1 express mail to the exten. i use that in the switch room but then when you press one you here a very sweet lady in the box say goodby, before she hangs up. no response goes to my mail box, it has really cut down on calls for some reason.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you all! The ICD works splendidly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back