Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls sent to CME router incorrect xlation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

burtsbees

Programmer
Jan 29, 2007
US
Greetings peoples!

I'm not a voice dude, far from it...my disclaimer ;)

So we have a client with call centers, providers in between, etc etc

There's an issue when calls are being xferred from a certain call center--customer calls in, needs to be xferred to a certain deal, but instead of the expected voice prompts (like human voice prompts), they get the Unity VM instead...so it's being routed incorrectly.

On the CME router, I see from the output of debug isdn q931 that the number is indeed translated to what it's supposed to be before it gets to the incoming IF, thus getting routed wrong...please refer to the following output, incriminating info masked/replaced to protect the guilty...

555454: Apr 01 09:09:09.009: ISDN Se0/1/0:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0xhahahaha
Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
Standard = CCITT
Transfer Capability = Speech
Transfer Mode = Circuit
Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
Channel ID i = 0xsome-hex-bytes
Exclusive, Channel 15
Calling Party Number i = 0xblablabla, '1111111111'
Plan:ISDN, Type:National
Called Party Number i = 0xwhatever, '2222'
Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)
Original Called Number i = '!', 0xduh, '1111111111' (should be 3333333333)

so it seems cut and dry that when an agent xfers a customer using 2222, it's being translated (or whatever the terminology may be) to the FROM number rather than the proper xlation of 3333333333 as in my example.

What I want to know is:
1. Is my assumption correct? It's happening before the CME router, therefor
2. The fix would be the PBX before the router, and
3. Is there anything in the CME config/IOS config that can act as a good work-around? I kind of know that the fix seems to lie somewhere else with someone else, but nevertheless it needs to happen, even if in CM

Thank you peoples!

Burt

ip access-list extended IP-Options-and-Powerball
deny ip any any winning-powerball-ticket
permit ip any any option any-options
!
class-map ACL-Options-and-Powerball
match access-group name IP-Options-and-Powerball
!
policy-map CoPP-POLICY
class ACL-Options-and-Powerball
drop
!
control-plane
service-policy input CoPP-POLICY

Burt,

I tried to follow your post, but got rather confused. You say they are transferring a call to 2222, but you show a debug isdn q931 that shows the call hitting the pri? Most likely the voice mail box number matches part of the dial string they are trying to transfer towards.

For example the voice mail box might be 222 and when they are trying to send to 2222 it matches first.

I should have added the best way to test this is to try "show dialplan number 2222" and it will show you where the call is going to route. Additionally look at the voice translation-rules that should be at the top of the configuration.

See that's the thing...if I see an extra number on the end of sh dialpl number 2222, which goes to Unity, does that mean it's a CME problem or an issue with the provider before it gets to the CME router?

Thanks!

!
!
policy-map CoPP-POLICY
drop
!
control-plane

Fix was in Unity...Redirecting Number IE Delivery-->Inbound, under Gateway Configuration--had to uncheck this box.

Thanks Brian!

!
!
policy-map CoPP-POLICY
drop
!
control-plane

--> does that mean it's a CME problem or an issue with the provider before it gets to the CME router?

The call is making it to the CME router just fine, but there are issues when you transfer to specific extension at another location, correct? Does this happen ONLY with transfers? If that is the case then I would assume (without knowing how many other voip routers you have in the path) it is either with your CME translation when it leaves the CME router or your voip endpoint(PBX, CM). I would verify what dial string is leaving the CME router before diving into the PBX.

It sounds like the customer is getting to your agent, but when your agent transfers the customer that is when the translation doesn't happen so it is not hitting the correct dial-peer and ends up at a VM in Unity.

Can you post the the dial-peers, translations, and translation profiles of your CME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back