Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls rolling to VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multitech

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
US
Outside calls go to recpt. then transfer to ext. number afer 4 rings roll to voicemail that is setup and works, but call go to general Delivery mailbox, not that person mailbox. Internal calls from ext. to ext. rolls into that person mailbox after 4 rings, no problem on that part. Voice mail system is a NAM. The NAM and the MICS has been rebooted. Turned off setting that allow transfer out of mailboxes but that did not work. Any ideals on what is going on? Thank

you have multiple phones that ring and have the same number rings before forwarding to mail. meaning... 221,222,223 all ring when line 1 is called and all transfer after 4 rings to mail. Remove ringing from some of the sets or remove CFNA, one or the other.

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

if it is set to cfna from reception to another extension after 4 rings then forwards to mail , it will go to the general delivery mailbox because that is where the reception mail box is (mb100 )the incomming call carries the information where it was transferred from with it and puts it into that mailbox when it hits the voice mail, as opposed to the mailbox it is forwarded to. that is normal . if you are calling bob and he has it forwarded busy or no answer to his secretary and she is out having a smoke , it goes into bobs mailbox not nancy's

Thanks for all your help. DigitalMind I will apply that patch and see if will fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back