Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls parked talk to each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejkro

Programmer
Jan 25, 2007
US
Hey guys, I've got a problem here that's been bugging me for weeks and I just can't figure it out. We have multiple sites, each with their own media gateway, range of extensions, and range of phantom extensions for call parking. I've got more than one complaint about two parked calls talking to each other. It usually goes something like this:

Call A comes in and gets parked on 3300.
Receptionist then gets call B and parks it on 3301.
"All of a sudden" no calls are parked on 3300 or 3301 and the customer calls back saying they ended up talking to another customer.

Now, my thought is that this is human error with the receptionists. They have 6416 sets and I have their buttons 9-16 setup like this:

Call Park

So my thought is that they aren't completing the first transfer before picking up the second call and then when they hang up the second call it transfers the first and second call together. Their current COS allows them to do trunk to trunk transfers because of how our night service is setup. Unfortunately it happens so sporadically that I can't get a list trace. The other thing is that it always happens to calls to the same station. As in, receptionist A parks call 1 and then she picks up call 2 and it happens. It's never, receptionist A parks call 1 and then receptionist B parks call 2 and they end up talking. Which makes me think even more it's human error than system error.

My question: Has anyone else seen this happen? Am I at least on the right track thinking that it might be a training issue rather than a system issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back