Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spann

Technical User
Jun 3, 2021
US
In a Veterinary Clinic I just started helping, there is an issues with calls on being placed on hold.

When the front desk (the receptionists) place a call on hold, the phones in back offices do not register that there is a call on hold. Also, when a call is placed on hold in the back offices, the phones at the front desk do not register that there is a call on hold.

The front desk uses Mitel 5330e IP phones
The back offices use Mitel 6930 IP phones

If the Front desk uses a Mitel 6930 IP phone up front, the back offices still do not register that there is a call on hold. This is leading me to assume that is is an IP configuration problem (possibly two different subnets for the front desk and back offices).

Am I correct? And how do I fix this? Or, is there another issue causing this, and what am I to do to fix this problem?

Assuming its a 3300 based system , it sounds like you are expecting this to act like a key system not a pabx
key systems have comming lines across all phones so that if one line is on hold then the button is indicated across all phones.

pabx's dont normally work in that fashio , calls on hold remain only on the phone that put them on hold.

you can change the config to use key system type lines or park the calls or other methods to simulate what you are expecting .

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

You may want to look at Call Park for that feature.
Hold is only local to the set and will not display on other sets.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

if you set it to key system it can work in a similar manner to line 1 line 2 etc

put it on all extensions and if a call on line 1 is on hold it will flash on all others and can be picked up by pressing it

there are some limitations though with key system keys

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I agree with Valamagules (TechnicalUser) on the park option :) Works great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back