Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls not ringing internall on Compact ICS after 4 rings 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvk5771

Technical User
Jul 26, 2013
US
We have a Compact ICS that has a wierd problem. When an inbound call is received, the system will stop audibly ringing after 4 rings, but will continue to flash on the phones until picked up. The caller still hears ringing until answered. The telco provider is Comcast Cable. I checked the line on the 66-block before it its the phone system and my buttset will ring until I answer the call, which I think eliminates the telco provider ring voltage as an issue. We have replaced the analog trunk card and the issue continues. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Jim Gray
937-470-8188

It's a programming change that's probably required.

Check against the line data to see what happens as the call could go to a hunt group with extensions that only flash and not ring after 4 rings to phones that do initially ring.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Check the prime extension for the lines"

Reason is because of the DRT setting in SystemProgramming/FeatureSettings, "DRT To Prime" if enabled, the call will divert to the Prime Set based on the DRT ring count.
Disable DRT as a test.

What happens normally? is Auto Attendant supposed to answer at 4 Rings? maybe voicemail is down.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Solved - sort of. We tried all of the above, but could not locate where the lines were being forwarded after 4 rings to extension 15. The solution was to default the system and setup both the extensions (16 )and lines from scratch (4). Thanks for the replies. I wish we would have been able to locate where the setting was, but time would not allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back