Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls not going to VM after number of rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

delladiaz

Technical User
Jan 29, 2015
US
I have an IPO 500 V2 version 7.0 with embedded VM. I have three exts 201,202,203 with 4 analog lines ringing in a MAIN hunt group. That works just fine. We now need the calls to ring about 4 times and then have ext 201 voice mail answer the call. What is the best way to do this please?

Why not use the Main HG mailbox? Every user would be able to listen the messages.

also uncheck queuing for the group.

It's only dialtone!!!

because he stated for x201 to get the messages but yes that would work much easier!

I get that request quite often; in VMPro broadcast is great, but in embedded most people don't want to manage 2 mailboxes; plus you can't use Visual Voice to manage it (greetings and such).

ACSS-SME

Thank you I could not find how to create a ghost ext. and send calls to it or set this up.

I am just trying to maybe forward calls to ext 201 after so many rings and let that voice mail answer and take the message and then light the red light on that handset.

Create a shortcode, *601, Voicemail Collect, "#"201
Create a User, Ext. 601, and forward it unconditionally, including hunt group calls, to *601
Create a sequential hunt group, 602, no voicemail, no queing, and put 601 into it.
Make group 601 the overflow for MAIN

Turn on VM for the main hunt group
Set VM Answer time on group so something appropriate
Set H<Name of goupe> in the source numbers for Extn201

Don't muck about with phantom useres * diverts etc for this.

Remember customers will phrase there requests how they see things happening, which is not necessarily the best way for the system to operate (or even what they really want)

As a maintainer it is often down to you to steer the customer towards the correct way of operating
"Give the customer what they want, NOT what they ask for"

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Touch Tone thank you for your clear instructions I set programmed this as you outlined but when I got the 4th line I can not find a GROUP 601 only a GROUP MAIN and 602. When I tried to assign GROUP 601 as OVERFLOW to the MAIN only HUNT 602 shows up as an option. Thank you

Thank you IPGuru I will try your way. The only problem I now have is that I can not use *3 to collect the messages when using the MAIN voice mail. I had the Users voice mail set up for a Breakout of *3 to *99 VM Collect. Any suggestions. This user calls in on their own analog line when their greeting plays they would dial *3 to access their messages remotely. Thank you

He meant 602
The overflow is group 602.

On another note.
If you need to see hunt group messages on the extension 601
Assign the hunt group to source numbers tab for the user

Sorry, I did mistype, the overflow group for MAIN is 602. 601 is its member, and 601 is forwarded to a shortcode that hits the mailbox of 201. 601 will never be used for actual calls or messages, so no need for the source number.

Why not use the VMPro 'Leave' for that HG?
Put in a Leave-action with extn 201 in Specific> Mailbox.
Done.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Must get new glasses [smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor