Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls not follwing coverage path

Status
Not open for further replies.

grind247

Programmer
Dec 3, 2004
US
I have a user who wants to keep his phone number he has moved to another office building. I create a remote coverage to that offices switch going to his new extension. I changed his voicemail in octel to reflect the new station (which goes to another switch as well)so there are two remote office locations for the call to go to before it hits voicemail. The calls are going to the new station, but not following its coverage path to voicemail, it just keeps ringing. This is internally and externally.

I remember somewhere reading about double-coverage, and how it doesn't work..
could this be the case here? coverage forwarding to the new ext. so then it doesn't follow that coverage?
how about trying to setup a vdn/vector to forward the call to the new switch or udp/aar to route it there?

Thanks . The answer is that you have to make the first coverage remote point the full DID number at the other switch then and only then will it follow the coverage path of the second extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back