Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls in queue not going to agents 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiremantx

Technical User
Mar 16, 2007
US
We had 2 recent occurences where this call center had a few agents on idle, but none of the calls were going to the agents. The supervisor tells me that there were 18 calls in queue and none were being answered. We rebooted the server which brought everything up and this happened again 2 days ago. I did not have time to get a status report of the server, but a theory is that someone is running reports during the high call volume time frame between 1-4pm. These 2 occurrences were at about 4pm 2 weeks apart. Has anything like this happened to anyone?

I think Nortel has had a few inquires on that problem...what's the software release & patch level??

While the SCCS/CCMA products are not fool-proof, it is a gimme bet that your trouble is with the agents, how they are programmed (skillset assignments), or the scripting and not the system.

Never, never believe that agents are logged in and active members of a skillset unless you verify yourself and lock the settings down. On most systems, a supervisor can be putting agents in and out of skillsets without your knowledge.

When I get a customer that tells me this (it is not an infrequent occurance), I set up a controlled test, where I disable any skillset assignment from running and lock out the supervisors/managers from making any changes. Enable Call by Call on all pertinant scripts (include the master and ACD-DN applications). And double-check all time of day, day of week, meeting variables/agents that can bypass normal skillset queuing.

The issue is usually agents playing with keys on the phone (taking them out of idle state) or supervisors mis-applying skillset assignments.

Your step of (at least temporarily) removing skillset assignment from supervisors' class of service is a sound suggestion. Thank you for posting an often-overlooked step in the troubleshooting process. [2thumbsup]

Milesprower is absolutely correct, agents will do almost anything to avoid taking calls, and supervisors dont always realise the consequences of their actions.

Use the reports to determine whether there were in fact any agent available at these times. Also it is worth running the Application Call Treatment report to see if the calls have defaulted through the script. This would point to a processing problem, these calls must have gone somewhere! Worth noting is the fact that real time displays are about 10 seconds behind reality so it may be misleading to say that 18 calls are waiting.

Best of luck.

We were having similar troubles on occasion in a couple different skillsets. On the real-time display a call would show as waiting with an Idle agent, but if the agent hit their display calls in queue button it would show zero waiting.
Our maint. tech added an IF CALL NOT QUEUED command in the script and we haven't seen it happen since.....been a month or more.

I also saw on the RTD that there were 2 calls showing as answered on the skillset. I put an ACD on my desk so that if next time it happens, I am going to log in and see if what they are telling me is true. I have to check the patches and see what we are on. I also am going to see about taking away the skillset setting privelege away from the supervisors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back