Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calls going to ext 222 are also ringing 221

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maestro21

Technical User
Jan 15, 2015
CA
I added 2 new extensions to a norstar system (229/247) however now customer reports any calls going to ext 222 are also ringing 221. Calls placed to 221 ring only 221. I did not do any programming changes to ext 222. Any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW Curly Cord thanks for last tip it did the trick.

Your welcome, make sure to update the thread/s if resolved thanks.

Looking at the displays (idle or when ringing) can help sometimes give a clue.

Make sure that
-Forward is cancelled at set 222 by F#4
-Forward No Answer on 222 is not set to 221
-Forward Busy on 222 is not set to 221
-Answer DN is not programmed for 221 under set 222

And that before sets 222 and 247 were plugged in that 222 was not originally forwarded to 229 and 229 forwarded to 247 and 247 forwarded to 221

[clown]

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks again I will look at that tomorrow

on this issue I found ext 221 was programmed under answer dn to take ext 222 calls. I unassigned it and cleared problem. However customer at 221 said before i added the 2 new extensions(229/247) she was not getting the calls for 222. Anyway thank you again curlycord for you help. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back