Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calls going to attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEastTech

Vendor
Jul 7, 2004
US
hello all

i have an 11c. I have a route (COT) receiving DT from a nurse call system. when they press the button it dials the trunk access code and an extension. it rings a nurse call console and SL wireless phone. the problem I am having is calls are also ringing at the front desk (no console at this site). How can I restrict calls from ringing there?

thank you in advance!

I'll almost bet that that 'trunk" is either busy or disabled. Most times on the M2250 consoles, the trunk route button is on solid, and someone is complaining, then they say, "oh, that's been on for days, I don't know...".

Stat that trunk.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

There is no console. the nurse call console is in the nurse call system. i think what may be happening is by the time the calls are routed through the nurse call the M1 sees it as unanswered and routes it to the att dn.

any other ideas? i was thinking about setting up auto in the trunks but I have 2 trunks and 8 extensions. the nurse call system is accessing the trunks and dial specific extensions so auto won't work.

either trac the call, look for an idc table.. atdn nite data or rdr data..

just to name a few places that could be made to happen

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back