Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls going out onthe PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2002
US
We have a fax number calling a residence and am unable to trace it because it prints out my lead PRI number. How can I identify this fax line?

Is the fax line on your telephone system ?

If the fax is conected to your switch, which I assume it is if it is using the PRI, you can use your CDR data to locate the called number and see which ext is calling it.

Yes it is in our switch and I will try with CDR. However I was on call and did not have access to CDR so is there a way to flag something in the station to give an ID?

Not that I am aware of.
Even if there was you would have to set it for all the fax machines.
Could it also be someone with a modem dialing out??

You could block the number being called in your ARS analysis and see if anyone calls to complain they can't dial that number. Kind of extreme, but it will fix the problem.

ctr999
good idea, lets take that one step farther. If you know the dialed number, redirect it to your own phone if you have a display and it should take long to find out where it is...

...is there a way to flag something in the station to give an ID?

If this question is for after you look in the CDR and find the offending station then, yes.

On the second page of the 'ch st xxxxx' form make sure that

Per Station CPN - Send Calling Number? y

is set.

If you are re routing the calls to your own station you should see the ext number and name given the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back