Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls from fowarded phone says their from a number that doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegnat

MIS
Apr 15, 2002
US
I am working on a phone that we foward to different IT department techs after hours as an on call phone. The caller ID on the techs cell phone says the number is from 2300 no matter who calls. The ext. of the phone we foward is 2888. I looked up 2300 on our switch and it was not programed at all. So I set up 2300 on a TN and now the techs caller ID says the number that calls. The problem is that we were being billed long distance for calls from 2300. I am now wondering if we will get billed long distance for all the fowarded calls. Any ideas on what the problem was?

You are probably seeing the caller ID info. Go to LD 21 and print CLID. You may find the info there. Is xxx-xxx-2300 you main number?
If not you may want to change these tables. This is done in LD 15 under NET_Data - say yes to CLID.

2300 didn't even exist on our switch. I believe it is our starting DID number. I checked the CLID and NET_Data and it looked ok to me.

It looks as though it is the first number in your DDI range which is used to identify your PBX to the outside world.
As the number is not in use I would suggest having CLID suppressed by your Telco.

Since this is your first Did number from telco and usually used as your Prmie ANI number. I would contact Telco and have them change your Prime ANI number to your main telephone number. Good Luck!!

Could you explain ANI numbers and also why we have hundreds of calls going out on this one number. Also we have records of say three calls at the same time to three different locations from the number 2300. Any internal phone fowarded to an external phone number shows up as 2300 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back