Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calls drops intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushrooms

Vendor
Mar 26, 2010
ZA
Hi all,

Just wondering whether someone else has experienced the following - One of our clients are running a CoRes Rls 6.0 system with 2 MGC cabinets. All the phones that are on the expansion cabinet intermittently experience dropped calls. There are no IP phones configured. The client is still using digital sets. The problem seems to only happen when DSP resources are being made use of to dial from the expansion to the main cabinet. I also notice when the "call drops" the time still shows that the call is connected on the digital unit. I have loaded the latest DSP loadware patches but this did not resolve the problem. I will be updating the deplist of the core tomorrow evening but in the meantime if anyone has come across or could possibly give advice or a solution I would much appreciate it

It seems like the problem occurs everytime the following messages appears:

SRPT4653 VGW channel TN 000-00-12-04 (70) connected to farEnd 172.19.191.9:9237
TN 000-01
-11-10 (2ae) was closed incorrectly, current state = RxTxOpen

We were getting those messages and found that the DSX and CEMUX cables that go from the back of the Main chassis to the Expansion chassis were backwards - they are uni-directional cables and they are labeled "to expansion cabinet" which is the end that needs to plug in to the expander. Nortel did have a notice out on it because some systems were having calls drops and this installation issue was found. Too bad they didn't make the cable idiot proof since either end can plug in to the expander and its easy to get it backwards.

Thanks for the feedback Tman45 but the client is still using the Option 11C cabinets.

I uploaded the latest deplist and those messages have since dissapeared and also not experiencing dropped calls

YAY!!! Sorry you did not specify so I assumed our setup (CS1000E). We also put a new DepList that resolved some other issues and possibly the SRPT4653 message but I did forget to mention that in my post.

Yep as a vendor keep that in mind about those cables! Our installer got 8 of them wrong out of 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back