Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls Dropping Within A Couple Minutes of Conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ineedinfo

Programmer
May 6, 2007
US
I have a situation where we are getting a considerable about of calls that are answered, the conversation goes on for up to a couple minutes then the call fades and disconnects. This is so random that it is a massive headache as it is happening on Inbound toll free calls to agents, trunk to trunk calls, and one record of an outbound call. The site is on CM2 and using Digital stations. All trunking except for local are IP trunks. We have checked the alarm and error logs but only have stations warnings. We also have a ticket with Avaya running a MCT on a couple reoccuring stations to see if they can capture info there but this has been going on for about a week now. On one of the calls this happened and we were able to get info to Avaya, he found an abnormal disconnect code of something like a 31 or 37 but still unsure what is the root cause of the disconnect. Have anyone had, seen or heard of this issue before? Thank you in advance for any direction to travel.

I would look at your CDR records to see if the disconnects are occurring on the same individual trunk group member(s). I'd also give your users (some or all) a TRK-ID button, in order to capture the same information.

Susan
"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't."
- Anatole France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back