Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls dropping using Service Observe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcalli

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
US
We have used Intel CPS (Call Processing Software) API's (CT-Connect) with a MAPD to build an in-house Outbound Call/Lead Managment application. It's working pretty well but one problem we've not been able to overcome has to do with using Avaya's Service Observe feature.
Our system makes calls on behalf of a group of Callers who are connected to the prospective customers when they answer their phones. When one of these callers has a customer that want's to know more, they click a button which places a conference call to a the lead number of the Closers hunt group, (an expert agent ACD used for equitable distribution). This provide for what I call a "soft-handoff" to the Closer agent.
The problem is that if someone is service observing the Closer agent when one of the conference calls is distributed to that agent, all legs of the call are dropped when the Caller agent releases from the conference.
We initially hear all three parties on the call (as we should). However, when the Caller hits their Release button, everybody is dropped.

I've already verified that this is not an issue if the Caller actually physically places the call for themselves and conferences in the Closer agent directly. They can Release and the Customer and Closer are still connected and talking even if being Service Observed.

Techs have looked over the traces and logs and say that it isn't an issue with the Intel API's. I suspect it's a COR or optioning issue but have not been able to track it down. This happens even when I do the Service Observe and I have all Service Observerving COR's stroked to Yes.
Has anybody run into anything similar or have any suggestions as to what I should look at next?

-WitsEnd

mmcalli,

i remember something about this bug in recent product correction notices. contact your local vendor for software upgrade options.

Thanks dwalin,
Do you mean that there is a QPPCN from Avaya on this problem? I'd appreciate any additional info you can uncover.

Thanks, but what I saw above wasn't applicable as this is a version 9.5 ECS so we're not talking about any IP stations/trunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back