Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls dropping from PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTVilla

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2002
IL
We have our LD T-1 set up as line 6. Occasionally we lose that PRI. If you are on a long distance call you hear static that gets worse and then drops most of the calls on that T-1 (Line 6). Is there a way to prove wether it is the IP Office (412) or the telco (Sprint)? I captured it in Monitor when it happened today, but I cannot read the log very well.

Thank you!

I also get Loss of Signal at NET on my CSU.

The local PRI is in a single port PRI card in slot A on the 412. The LD PRI is in a dual port PRI card in slot B. The line is plugged in to the port on the right side of the dual port card when looking at the rear of the 412.

It sounds like you have a clock problem. My guess is that the T1s are from different carriers. You need to synch clock off of one source. I run into this problen when customers get T1s from different vendors.

How would I go about doing that? I should wrn you that I am an IT guy not a telephony guy. :)

I should also mention that when it drops the calls, static starts to build up over about 5 to 10 seconds until there is pure static and the call drops.

I hate to type and its kind of complicated. You're not a telephony guy then have your vendor do it.

Check Ground on your equipment as well as phone companies.

We had an issue similar to this where the lines had static and finally the whole pri stopped working. The phone company had a bad t1 repeater and it blew up their NIU and our T1 card in the IP Office Unit. So if the grounds are good keep pushing the local telco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back